Mr Malcolm Steel completed medical studies at The University of Melbourne.
His basic and advanced surgical training was at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. He then undertook colorectal surgery fellowships at Box Hill Hospital in 2000 and The Cleveland Clinic, USA, in 2001/2.
Upon returning to Melbourne in 2002, Mr Steel joined Mr Woods and Mr Chen in private practice.
Mr Steel’s practice is based at Epworth Eastern Hospital, where he has consulting rooms and also operates and performs colonoscopies.
Additional consulting, colonoscopy and minor procedures are performed at Glen Iris Private hospital. Public appointments are at Box Hill Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital. Mr Steel’s areas of surgical interest are:
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Open colorectal surgery for cancer of the colon and rectum
- Colonoscopy including advanced interventions
- TEMS (Trans anal endoscopic microsurgery)
- Complex anorectal surgery